Penn Apartment Staffing is hiring experienced Porter/Groundskeepers for apartment communities in the greater Houston and surrounding areas. Our company strongly focuses on long-term, quality matches for our clients and employees. Candidates must have a strong work ethic. We are seeking candidates that can start work immediately, temporary or temporary to hire positions will be pre-screened through our staffing firm to determine qualifications for a long-term, and/or permanent Porter/Groundskeepers opportunities.
Porters are responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings of multi-family residential apartments to ensure the community is neat, clean, free from clutter and safe. The Porters/Groundskeeper spend their days picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms.
- Pick up all trash from the grounds, parking areas, and perimeters first thing each morning and throughout the day. Keep all common area clean and free of clutter and debris; including mail box areas.
- Sweep around all dumpsters; including power washing quarterly.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
- Assist in the cleaning of vacant apartments and/ or models.
- Pick-up and clean around the pool area, empty trash cans, straighten and wipe down all pool furniture, hose down or sweep pool deck; including power washing quarterly, and scrub the sides of the pool. Maintain pool chemical log, and ensure property chemical balance.
- Regularly inspect laundry facilities. Empty all laundry room trash cans and clean all fluorescent light panels in the laundry rooms.
- Replaces breezeway light bulbs.
- Regularly inspect common area rest rooms, playgrounds, etc. to ensure proper functioning and cleanliness. Sweep clubhouse entry, sidewalks and parking areas.
- Ensure that the grass and landscaping are well maintained, including the watering of flowers.
- Advise supervisor of items needing additional attention in the apartment; i.e. ripped carpet, torn linoleum, window or door repair, etc.
- Paint curbs, stripe parking lot, and paint speed bumps; as needed.
The post Porter/ Groundskeeper first appeared on Apartment Careers.
Call 512-714-3901 (Austin) o972-426-7070 (Dallas) or Ft Worth ~ 817-947-0070 or 713-682-0700 (Houston) or (830-701-0160 (San Antonio) to set up an in-person interview. You may also attend a Career Fair,Event