Penn Apartment Staffing is hiring Leasing professionals with knowledgeable affordable Housing/ Tax Credit LIHTC skills , our recruiters are scheduling interview to fill temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities in the multi-family industry. Candidates will be pre-screened through our staffing firm to determine qualifications for a long-term permanent opportunity with our client.
The Leasing Agent will greet prospective renters, show vacant apartments, assist existing tenants with maintenance requests, explain pricing and lease terms, pre-screen applicants, process leasing applications, oversee move-ins and and negotiate lease renewals. The leasing professional will also advertise available units ready to move-in by posting on social media, make cold calls and follow up on leads.
- Interview applicants and verify their eligibility. Prepare documentation for regulatory management and occupancy reviews, as well as preparing monthly HUD.
- Monitors upcoming resident renewals/re-certifications on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the tax credit files and send to Compliance for final approval on all move in files and annual certifications
- Accompanies prospects to tour model apartments and discusses size and layout of rooms, describes available facilities and property amenities such as swimming pool and saunas, location of shopping centers, services available, and terms of lease. Know prices, specials, floor plans, and locations.
- Prepare rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other information, such as required licenses. Explain rental fees, policies and procedures.
- Prepare move-in lease and documents for manager approval prior to move in by following “file checklist guidelines”. Walk the apartment with new move-in resident at the time of move in
- Open and close model and target units ensuring they are presentable and ready to show each day. Inspect models to make sure they are clean, report any needed maintenance repairs.
- Responsibilities include collecting rent, security deposits, holding fees, utility payments and laundry income and document payments as introduced by manager
- Must be familiar with TRACS monthly voucher processing.
- Prior experience with Low-Income Tax Credit, HUD Section 8 & other HUD programs.
- Proven working experience as a leasing consultant
- Good knowledge of leasing rules and regulations
- Exquisite presentation and negotiation skills
- Well-versed in marketing and sales techniques
- Knowledge of apartment rental and collection practices
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws
Call 512-714-3901 (Austin) o972-426-7070 (Dallas) or Ft Worth ~ 817-947-0070 or 713-682-0700 (Houston) or (830-701-0160 (San Antonio) to set up an in-person interview. You may also attend a Career Fair,Event