Penn Apartment Staffing is seeking to hire a Lead Maintenance Technician with EPA Universal certification or an HVAC Certification for an apartment community in the Houston area. Candidates will be pre-screened through our staffing firm to determine qualifications for long-term, and/or permanent opportunities.
Ideal candidates will have experience as a Lead Maintenance in a multi-family housing setting, hands-on experience in performing service requests, completing make-readies, must be presentable, professional, a team player, and flexible with work hours. Background screening is required as a condition of employment.
- Troubleshoot and perform all necessary repairs to the apartment community, including plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical.
- Responsible for managing all community upkeep/maintenance needs and oversees the performance of the maintenance team.
- Works closely with the property manager in ensuring all property compliance and projects are executed accordingly.
- Responsible for closing service requests, upon completion, as well as documenting maintenance updates.
- Conducts daily property walks, documents and correct deficiencies and ensure the property and premises are well maintained.
- Responsible for the proper turnover of move-outs and manage vendors providing turnover services.
- Ensures compliance with all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Oversees all vendor activities at the property.
- Follows and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that residents and management offices are notified of any maintenance-related updates.
- Performs maintenance tasks personally and delegates to assistants. Oversees and occasionally inspects work performed by assistants.
- Schedules maintenance personnel in conjunction with the manager so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vise versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to a dumpster when necessary using safety equipment.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle the most common repairs and situations.
The post Lead Maintenance Technician first appeared on Apartment Careers.
Call 512-714-3901 (Austin) o972-426-7070 (Dallas) or Ft Worth ~ 817-947-0070 or 713-682-0700 (Houston) or (830-701-0160 (San Antonio) to set up an in-person interview. You may also attend a Career Fair,Event
This JOB expires at 5:37pm on Tuesday October 11th, 2022